From the very beginning of the establishment, scientists and engineers of Physical Instrumentation Division (PID) division are engaging with the cutting edge research on different widely used laboratory instruments. In Bangladesh, research field is expanding and laboratories are increasing faster and faster. For this reason its demands of scientific equipment is increasing. In view of this mind, the primary aim of PID is to develop the laboratory equipment. Besides, PID also conducting some state-of-the-art research on design and development of microcontroller based Automatic Voltage Stabilizer, Smart Control and Monitoring System for Electrical and Electronic equipment using Internet of Things (IoT). Recently, scientist of PID is developing a high efficiency one dimensional multijunction solar cell simulator (MSCS-1d) for cost effective solar panel fabrication.
This division has 04(four) sections:
- Design and Fabrication Section
- Optical Instrument Section (Advanced Photovoltaic Research Lab).
- Physical Properties and Testing Section
- Repair, Services, Calibration Section
Besides the R&D activities, scientists of this division also provides some analytical and consulting service, such as: Physical properties analysis, Photomicrography, offering computer training and software development etc. For research human resource development, they are also involving in student supervision on B.S. and M.S. Thesis
Recent innovations of PID scientist
The topics of PID research include, but are not limited to:
- Embedded System Design, Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things (IOT)
- Physics, Device, Modelling and Simulation of Advanced Multijunction Solar Cell.
- Solar cell simulator, Solar Power plant, Solar powered Appliances and Solar Home System (SHS)
- Design and Fabrication of low-cost lab-made scientific equipment for industrial and academic research laboratories
Research and Development (R&D) Projects
- Design and development of Microcontroller based Automatic Voltage Stabilizer.
- Development of Smart Control and Monitoring System for Electrical and Electronic equipment using Internet of Things (IoT).
- Development of web-based performance monitoring and evaluation system for employee of an organization.
- Simulation, design and fabrication of lithium ion battery.
- Design and development of frequency controller (Noise Canceller and frequency Jammer)
Special Allocation Project
- Abu Kowsar, S. f. U Farhad and Khaledun Nahar Babi, Development of a high efficiency one dimensional multijunction solar cell simulator (MSCS-1d) for cost effective solar panel fabrication: Version-2 (MSCS-1d: V-2). Grant from Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of Bangladesh for the tenure of 2018-19
List of electronic circuits/equipment developed in Physical Instrumentation Division are following:
- 1. Automatic Digital Counter
- 2. Continuity cum Logic Tester
- 3. Turbidity meter
- 4. Liquid Level Indicator
- 5. 12 Volt Adapter
- 6. 5 Volt Adapter
- 7. Digital Clock
- 8. Digital Temperature Meter
- 9. Long Duration Timer
- 10. Light Activated Switch
- 11. Remote controlled door opening device
- 12. Thief detector
- 13. Electronic show piece
- 14. Musical Nagor Dola.
List of scientific instruments developed in Physical Instrumentation Division are following:
- 1. Flask Shaker
- 2. Electrical Stirrer
- 3. Water bath
- 4. Centrifuge
- 5. Laboratory Incubator
- 6. Laboratory Oven
- 7. Magnetic Stirrer
- 8. Thermostatic Water bath
- 9. Quick Drier
- 10. Hot Plate
Repairing, Servicing, Maintenance, Calibration and Installation of Scientific/laboratory equipment:
R&D activities are solely dependent on sound instrument facilities. The Scientists/Engineers of this division are capable of repairing, maintenance, installation and calibration of scientific/laboratory, biomedical and agricultural equipment.
Aim of this work is to repair or brought into working condition of defective/out of ordered instruments which will minimize the purchasing of new instruments. As a result a good amount of foreign currency will be saved.
During the period from 1st July, 2014 to 30th June 2017 services were provided to 131 laboratory/scientific equipment (such as: Sterilizer, Temperature humidity control chamber, Orbital Shaker, Autoclave, Digital multi-meter, Digital Balance, Oil free Air Compressor of AAS, Digester, Centrifuge, Relay, Boiler, Stabilizer, Blender, Autoclave machine, Chiller, Computer, Printer, Furnace, Timer, Water bath, UPS (On-line and Off-line), Hotplate, Oven, Digester, Aspirator, Vacuum pump, Magnetic stirrer, Heating mental, Water distillation plant, Photo voltaic, Photometer, Silicon graphics (workstation), Muffle furnace etc.)
- Khaledun Nahar Babi, Senior Scientific Officer (SSO)
- Md.Sadequl Islam, Maintenance Engineer
- Abu Kowsar, Scientific Officer (SO)
- Taijul Islam , Sr.Tech
- Mrs.Shirien Akhter , Jr. Tech
- Md.Helal Uddin,Lad.Asst
- Nazmun nahar, Lad.Asst.
Instruments available in this division are following:
Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
Physical Instrumentation Division, BCSIR Laboratories, Dhaka
Dr. Qudrat-I-Khuda Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka 1205.
Email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell Phone: +88 01816 218 248 ; +88 01722 281618