Fibre & Polymer Research Division is one of the largest divisions of BCSIR Laboratories, Dhaka. This division has seven very important research sections-
- Cellulosic Fibre Research Section
- Plastic Research Section
- Rubber Research Section
- Dyes & Pigment Research Section
- Resin Research Section
- Paint-Varnish-Lacquer Research Section &
- Fibre & Polymer Testing Section
Fibre & Polymer Research Division is a leading Govt. Laboratory for conducting research in Polymer Chemistry & promoting export of readymade garments; jute, plastic and other polymer-based goods by measuring the presences of health-hazardous prohibited/banned chemicals & other parameters. The laboratory has been proposed for ISO accreditation to measure food grade quality of plastic & other packaging materials; identification & quantification of food grade coloring materials; analyses of carcinogenic chemicals in readymade garments & jute products at ppm/ppb/ppt level, etc. It can mitigate/reduce the dependency on foreign laboratories in the field of polymer analyses.
Published research papers:
- Mohammad Amirul Hoque, Atsuoshi Nakayama, Husna P. Nur, S. K. Ray, M. M. Rahman and Khabir Uddin “Synthesis and Characterization of copoly (L-Lactic acid-Caprolactone) and its stereo-effect with poly D-Lactic acid and biodegradability” Bangladesh J. Sci .Ind. Res., 2012, Vol 47(2), 203-210.
- Swapan K Ray, P. Saha, H. P. Nur, D. Saha, A. I. Hoque and S. Saha, “Study on the preparation of Polymer-grafted coconut fiber-based adsorbent & its application to remove a reactive dye from aqueous solution” Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res., 2013, 48 (4), 271-280.
- Suvanker Saha, Partha Saha, Dipti Saha, Husna Parvin Nur, Swapan Kumer Ray and M. Amirul Hoque “Study on Synthesis of Polyacrylamide-grafted-raw Jute, its characterization and performance on Textile Reactive Dye effluents” DUJASE, 2014, 2 (2), 139-143.
- Farzana Khan Rony, Swapan Kumer Ray, Amirul Hoque, Asaduz Zaman, Shahin Sultana, Husna Parvin Nur and Shams Tania Afroza Islam, “Preparation of Zinc Stearate from Galvanizing Waste Materials and its use as Thermal Stabilizer in PVC Industries” Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res.,51(4, 261-270, 2016.
Submitted research papers:
- "Rheological Properties of Sodium Alginate-Corn Starch Solution Mixtures: Effect of Concentration and Temperature"- by Saiful Islam, Swapan Kumer Ray, Mohammad Amirul Hoque, Shahin Sultana and Husna P Nur; submitted to the MALAYSIAN POLYMER JOURNAL.
Accepted industrial process:
- “Production of food drug and cosmetic grade water soluble curcumin pigment”- by Swapan Kumer Ray, Mohammad Amirul Hoque, Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman Shahin Sultana and Husna P Nur;
Ref: 39.373.03704.00.197.2012/474, Dated: 29/01/2013
- “Production of rubber curing agents incorporating natural rubber latex in sulfur powder for the use in natural rubber based products”- by Mohammad Amirul Hoque, Swapan Kumer Ray, Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman, Maksuda Begum and Husna Parvin Nur; Ref: 39.373.037.01.00.209.2013/247, Dated: 03/03/2014
- “Production of synthetic rubber based rubber curing agent containing high percentage of sulfur powder for the use in synthetic rubber based products”- by Mohammad Amirul Hoque, Swapan Kumer Ray, Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman, Maksuda Begum and Husna Parvin Nur; Ref: 39.373.037.01.00.232.2013/248, Dated: 03/03/2014
Submitted industrial process:
- “Production of 60-70 grade polymer modified Bitumen from 80-100 grade normal Bitumen”- by Swapan Kumer Ray, Mohammad Amirul Hoque, Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman and Husna P Nur has been submitted to BCSIR for acceptance.
“A process for the production of food drug and cosmetic grade water soluble curcumin pigment”- by Swapan Kumer Ray, Mohammad Amirul Hoque, Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman and Husna P Nur
Ref: Patent No. 1/2013/3733, Dated: 29/09/2014
We provide a number of analytical services to various local and foreign industries, importers and individuals. Our service includes a vast area of samples for analysis, such as:
- Textile and readymade garments
- Jute and allied products
- Plastic and allied products
- Rubber products and additives
- Paint, varnish, lacquer and adhesives
- Dyes and pigments
- Polymer based pharmaceutical excipients
- Resinous products
- Textile chemicals and auxiliaries
- Bitumen and related products
- Effluent analysis
- Different solvents and oils
- Other fibre and polymeric substances etc.